Sunday, April 13, 2008

Summer Like Weekend

Yesterday was such a beautiful day. I'd forgotten how much I missed the sunshine and being able to have the windows and back door open. Buffy and Niki enjoyed it too - they were both stretched out as far as they could be on the deck soaking up some rays.

I went to the QFC and saw Craig Terrill perform. He was really good in person and extremely cute too!! He looks just like a good ol' boy! I've never stood next to a professional football player - He was very tall!! His wife was there and I also met Josh Brown's girlfriend (ex-Seahawks Kicker) as well as the wife of the bass player. They were all very nice and I may go see him again when he plays at the Triple Door on May 12. He might be playing at the winery too - so I may have to go to that one too - not that I'm a stalker or anything! Again - go to his myspace or the nearest QFC and pick up a copy of his CD.

When I got home form QFC L and I had a disagreement about her still not having done her dishes - they've been sitting in the sink for over a week after having been sitting in her room for weeks. I also asked her to clean her bathroom and clean out the cat box - she is like a Kitty Cat Slum Lord. So she did what she usually does when I have asked her to do something - she headed out with a friend and didn't bother coming home or checking in.

Today I finally got off my butt and cleaned my room!! Did laundry - folded clothes - hung clothes up - put together a new lamp - vacuumed - and put sheets on the bed. It feels more relaxed in here now.

So - 27 days until L turns 18 - it's looking like she will be staying here - paying rent starting in June. I just hope that doesn't mean she's going to be living here forever. I don't think I can stand it. The only thing that she still needs to do to ensure she gets to stay is to get those nasty dishes cleaned up and the nasty bathroom. Just in case you don't understand exactly how bad it is - here are a couple of pics - now you tell me that doing chores and cleaning up after herself shouldn't be part of the rules for her staying in the house! I haven't even posted a pic of her room!

Well - time to watch Big Brother! Get some sleep and have a great week.
De

No comments: