Thursday, April 3, 2008

Day 3 and other stuff!

Quarter End Day 3 and so many things to write about.

Let's start with work. Got in at 700 and started on the items that were due today - one of which is down loading all the transactions on the company AMEX cards for the month of March. AMEX is used by the employees in our NY office. Issue - AMEX changed their website and I couldn't get the information I usually get - so I logged into the other area and only one of the accounts was showing up so I emailed the person in NY who set up the original accounts to get her security answer so I could add the accounts I needed - she said NO! I was like - what?!? - the information they were asking for was mother's birth date mm/dd - nothing personal like a social security number - but she said she was not going to give me that kind of personal information and I will just need to call AMEX to get myself set up as a user. Can you say B***H?! So - I called AMEX but they need you to enter account number and last 4 digits of you social security number - ya think she's going to give me that information - uh no! So I finally was able to get through and talk to someone and they said because I was not listed on the account I could not have her name removed and mine added - that an officer of the company will have to call in and make the request and then they would work on and it could take 48- 72 hours to just get me access - OK not gonna work because I have to have the March transactions in our system tomorrow!!! I spent all morning on this and got nothing resolved - i am just so frustrated - and I can't believe that the person in NY wouldn't help me out - now that's what I call a team player. Rest of the day was pretty uneventful - I got my other items completed and will just need to tackle the AMEX issue tomorrow.

Home - so L's friend in MN just got a MAC and has access to video chat - I have a MAC and I have let L use it the last couple of days when she gets home so she can Vid chat with him - problem today was that when I got home and told her I wanted my computer back she wouldn't give it to me. She kept saying I know and just a minute - so I went out and walked Muppet thinking that she would be signed off by the time I got back - nope! So I asked again for my computer - told her I wanted it back - she said OK - I went in to change out of my jeans and came back out to the family room - she was still on the computer with no intent of getting off anytime soon - because it was video chat her friend could hear us and he told her to give me back the computer - and she got all pissy and stomped back in to her room. Is it too much to ask that I have my computer to help me unwind when I get home from work? It's my computer - she has a brand new PC that I got for her when we were in TX for the holidays because she had broken the one I got her last year for Christmas. Then she yelled at me because I wouldn't go buy her cigarettes - which is an ongoing issue between us - I told her she has lots of friends that are 18 now that can go get them for her - she said she didn't have any money - hmm not gonna loan her any as I never seem to get it back - so I just told her that its a good thing she gets paid tomorrow and that didn't go over too well. Now she is in her room - door closed - on the phone. I am sure one of her friends will be coming by anytime to pick her up and she will be out of the house until some ungodly hour in the morning. I guess its a good thing she doesn't have to be at work until 300. I am supposed to be driving her to a friends house in Kirkland tomorrow for a B-day party but now I am not sure whether will do that. If she is going to treat me like crap and not be grateful for any of the stuff I do for her then I am not sure why I should do her any favors. You tell me - what would you do?

OK - so as not too spend this whole blog complaining here are some good things about today:
  1. The weather was finally spring like today. Sunny, warm, and beautiful.
  2. April - gal at work - turned 30 today so we had a pizza lunch and a gelato cake - yumm!!!
  3. A new episode of Survivor is on tonight!
  4. Kellie Rasberry's daughter was in the studio today and they had her talking on the kPod and it made me laugh!! Her daughter Emma Kelly is a year and a half - sooo cute!
  5. Today is over so that means tomorrow is Friday!

On a side note - for those of you from the Washington area - Kathi Goertzen - newscaster on Komo TV had to go in for surgery today for a brain tumor. This is the third time in the past 10 years that she has had to go through this. Say a little prayer for her that third times a charm. You can go here to leave her an online message. Click Here to see a video message from Kathi.





Here is a picture of my view at work - now I don't sit by the window but when I get up to stretch I go stand by the window and this is what I see when I look out. As you can see - beautiful day today. I wonder where that Ferry is going!








Here is another view from the window. That ship in the distance is a freighter. I wonder if it is picking up or dropping off.







And here is the final picture. This is looking down The small building in the middle is Westlake Center.

Now when I am talking about work you can picture where I am! I have posted pics fof my messy desk and the view! :P





Yay - tomorrow is Friday and then the weekend! Have a good one.

De



No comments: