Saturday, April 5, 2008

Good Grief

Saturday - day of rest and relaxation - almost! I slept in a bit but was woken up by a test message from L - she was to get a ride home form Kelly's house this morning form Kelly's boyfriend but he decided he didn't want to drive out here so I ended up having to go out to Kirkland to get her. Not exactly what I had planned on doing first thing on a Saturday morning. I got her and then of course just had to run by Target! Wouldn't be a weekend without a quick trip to Target - went in to just get Sweeney Todd DVD, some fuzzy mice, and a comb - ya right!! Ended up getting just a few more things - especially from the dollar aisle - they had made the change over from Easter and St Pat's to Spring and Mother's Day - man I Love the dollar aisle - so easy to please! After our little trip to Target L wanted to go to Ross and I needed to go to Petco to try and find a few more mice. Petco is where we got Niki so I always look at the cats they have for adoption - I wish I had a big house so I could adopt them all - there was the most adorable male Siamese cat named Cabo - then there was one that was HUGE! I thought Niki was a fat cat when we got her but this one made her look like a skinny minny! The last one was a black and white cat who had been adopted and then brought back to Petco because he didn't like loud places - why would you adopt a cat if you have a "loud" place anyways - I felt so sorry for him but just couldn't bring another cat in to the house - not enough room on my bed for anymore animals! I found the mice I was looking for - I will explain later what I needed them for! Then I met back up with L and we headed home.

L is headed out to a Rave tonight. I am very nervous about this. The last Rave she went to was what started her on the 5 day E binge. She says she is not going to do that stuff and that you can have fun at a Rave without doing drugs. It doesn't help that she just came out and mentioned that she has been getting calls from people asking her if she knows where they can get drugs - she says she doesn't sell them but she does know who they can go to - that is so very scary - I just don't understand how she became like this - I am so not in to the drugs scene - have never been in the drug scene - it just doesn't make sense to me. This Rave is being held in downtown Seattle - The only thing I really know about raves is that last year there was an after party where a bunch of people got shot - ya - not real thrilled about this little adventure of hers.

Oh - forgot to mention that when I dropped L off at the B-day party last night there was the distinct odor of marijuana in the air - and Kelly's Mom was there. I said something to L this morning about it - she had said when she go tin the car that there was no alcohol at the party - I said ya but i did smell marijuana - she said where?!? in that tone that she uses when she is surprised that I know something she thought she had put over on me - I said in the house when I dropper her off last night - she said yup that they had gotten really high - I asked what about Kelly's Mom and she then informed me that Kelly's Mom smokes it too and that she "took a few hits" with them last night. I just don't get parents that do that with their kids. L said that she and her friends don't get parents like me. Still - just don't get it.

Back to tonight's party - I just hope she stays safe - comes home in one piece - and at least checks in at some point tomorrow so I know she is OK.

Now the mice! Matt at work discovered that he had a mouse living in his car that was in the garage - he had just bought this used car so the mouse actually came with it from Bellingham. He placed traps around the car and in the garage but the mouse just ate the peanut butter the first round. Thurs he stopped on his way home and got some bigger and better traps - when he got home the peanut butter was gone form traps 1 and 2 and trap 3 was missing - he then found it under the seat - the poor little mouse had gotten his back legs trapped and had pulled himself under the seat while trying to get away - alas he did not make it. I gave Matt a hard time about not using a no kill trap and releasing the mouse back out in to the wild. So - I have now gotten a bunch of fuzzy mice and I am going to leave them around his office on Monday morning! Should be fun!!

One last gripe before I sign off for the evening - L just called because the group she is with weren't quite sure how to get to the club they are going to - so she had me Google the club name and look for directions - as I am trying to do this she gets all pissy with me and started yelling at me because I wasn't giving her the directions slow enough for them to write down - man every time I do a favor for that child she just yells at me and gets extremely pissed off. I just want her out of my house and soon. I don't want to have to live with her anymore. I want to be able to have the house to myself and to not have to smell the rotten food smell that comes out of her room. Aaaagggghhhhh! Anyone want to buy her a ticket to Tennessee so she can go live with her Dad for awhile. I want to be done.

OK - I need to go find something to help me relax - maybe a quick game of guitar hero.

De

PS - if you want to leave me any comments just scroll to the bottom of the post you want to comment on - click on the comment link - and write!

No comments: