Monday, April 28, 2008

I Survived

It's over and I survived!! Everyone was right - the worst part of this whole thing is the prep the night before. Everyone at Overlake was so nice and had wonderful bedside manners. I got there at 700 - filled out paperwork and they brought me straight back to get dressed in one of those oh so beautiful gowns where if you don't tie it tight enough your butt will hang out in the back. Then it was out to a gurney bed where they fixed me up with an IV and asked me more questions about my health. My procedure was scheduled for 730 and that's the exact time they wheeled me in to the procedure room. I was given a sedative so I don't remember much after that - which I think is probably a blessing! Everything went well and I was given a perfect clean bill of health! Which is great and it also means I don't have to go have another one of these for 5 years!!

I am home now just chillin' on the couch. I got some food it my tummy - which was wonderful because I was starving!!! My friend Lyd was a God Send! She took great care of me today - we went and got an Egg McMuffin on the way home - tasted sooooo good. She then hung out with me for a bit at home to make sure I was OK. She is definitely my Best Friend!

L got home at 1130 last night with 2 friends in tow - Collin (aka Panda) and Bre - when I got up this morning they were still here and when I got back from the hospital they were still here! Not going to be a very relaxing afternoon. I did get her to take Muppet outside for me though!

Now I am going to just sit back and try to get some rest.

De

1 comment:

crawford crew said...

You survived, YEAH! Congratulations. Told you the drink was nasty and the flavors are a joke! Glad you got a clean bill of health. See you tomorrow. You are coming back to work aren't you?