Friday, April 18, 2008

April Snow

I am driving home from work today - get up onto the plateau before L gets off work so I text her to see if she wants a ride home - trying to be a nice Mom because she hates walking - but she texts me back that she doesn't need a ride. OK - that's a little weird. So I get home and I'm hanging on the couch with the pup when I hear her running up the stairs outside. She comes hurrying in like a storm leaving a trail behind her of her purse and work clothes. She yells out I'm going to a party - changes quickly and rushes back out. I was able to get out of her that she was headed to Renton with Jenny - would probably be staying there tonight - and nope she wouldn't be heading up to La Conner with me tomorrow to see Nana and Papa. OK. Guess friends and partying are more important than seeing your grandparents that you haven't seen in 5 months. I am still heading up there - will probably be nice and relaxing.

Is it really April? I ask because I am looking out on my back deck at 2 inches of snow. That's right - SNOW!! This is friggin ridiculous - how could it be 80 degrees last weekend and now I have 2 inches of snow. I am so ready for this winter to be over with. It's supposed to be spring! Is this what they mean when they talk about global warming? OK - i just had a good laugh. The pizza guy just delivered dinner and when I opened the door he said "Merry Christmas"!! Now there's someone who can find humor in the fact that he is out driving in the snow delivering pizza's in April!!

Ooh - i did make good use of L not being in the house tonight - I was able to get the living room looking a little more livable and a little less cluttered. Just needed to move all her stuff back in to her room and WOW - the living room looked so much better. Bad thing was that when I was putting stuff in her room I discovered a small container that had marijuana in it. One of the main rules of the house is that she is not to bring drugs in to the house. I know she doesn't consider it a drug - It's a plant - but I consider it a drug as does the law - now I am in a hard spot because I don't know if I should just toss it - confront her - or tell her that she is out of the house in 22 days when she turns 18. Any comments - suggestions - would be appreciated!!

Good Luck Colleen in the Boston Marathon this weekend! Luv U!!

De

No comments: