Friday, April 4, 2008

Day 4 - Sooooo Much Better!

OMG! Laura with American Express became my best friend today!! After spending most of yesterday morning trying to get in to our AMEX accounts I thought I would get the run around again today. It started out that way - I called and got one person who passed me on to someone else - who passed me on to someone else - who transferred me again - and then the line disconnected when that person answered! Good Grief! So I called again - was told I needed to try a different number - I was thinking this was going nowhere fast. Then the most wonderful thing happened - Laura answered the phone! She was so helpful - didn't give me the runaround when I told her that the other Admin on the account was no longer with us so I didn't have any of the passwords that were needed - she said she understood and instead of resetting those passwords she would just set me up with my own login and it would all get straightened out! I think I actually heard a choir of angels singing!! She walked me through the online process and then - she asked if I wanted to get monthly reports for each of the accounts - what?!? they had actual reports and I wouldn't have to do a bunch of cutting and pasting to excel to get the information I needed - the reports can be downloaded straight into excel - now I know I heard the angels that time!! I was just giddy that this whole thing had been taken care of and resolved - I wish I had just called that magic number yesterday and avoided all the frustration and drama! I was able to get the information I needed by today and get everything completed - and - I am on track for meeting the schedule I had set up to prove that I could go to Vegas in October - nice!

Home is actually pretty relaxing tonight too - I left work at 5:30 - got home at 615 - left again at 620 to take L to Kirkland - and was back home by 715! It is so quiet and relaxing right now. Just me and my Muppet hanging out on the couch - Buffy is curled up by the fireplace and Niki is asleep in L's room - which is clean! don't fall over and watch out for those pigs flying overhead! She completed all of her laundry and actually put it away in her dresser. It is just amazing. Over a month ago I had told her that she needed to have her room clean at least a month before her 18th birthday so she could show me she can do it - that was a guideline for her being able to stay in the house - she hadn't said anything about it and then wham - she cleans the room up 36 days before her birthday (like how I slipped the count down in there!)

No plans for the weekend - I think I may try to do a little spring cleaning - the house can definitely use it.

Have a wonderful weekend!

De

PS - You have to go to kPod and listen to the Emma Kelly song. I laughed so hard this morning I though I was going to cry! There is also a video clip on Kiddlive that shows Kellie Rasberry and Emma Kelly in the studio yesterday. Enjoy!

No comments: