Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Another Day in Paradise!


Here's the picture I said I would post! This is what I came home to find yesterday. Phone - key - cigarettes - lighter - Altoids (not!) - pipe. I say Not because I know for a fact that there was pot in the box - I found it over the weekend. Tonight L and I got in a "discussion" and I told her again that there weren't to be drugs in the house - she said i shouldn't have opened the Altoids box 'cuz i knew there weren't any in there - i told her i had discovered it over the weekend and that she was lucky i hadn't thrown it out - she then threatened to hurt me if i ever threw out her stash - i said don't bring it in the house and it won't be a problem- this went back and forth a few times and then she just moved on to another topic!

Tonight was interesting with her - we got in to a discussion regarding chores - i asked her to take out all the garbage - she wanted to know why she had to take out all the garbage because it wasn't all hers. I told her that that's what a good roommate does - helps out round the house - she came back with a oh so now I'm not your daughter I'm just a roommate - i explained it to her this way. I have spent the last 18 years trying to get her to understand that as a member of the family and living in the house you should help out. This hasn't worked out so maybe by coming at it as roommates maybe she would listen and understand. Left L speechless. So then she wanted me to help her take out the garbage - I said no because I had done my chores without help - she got really mad - and just replied with - sucks to be treated the way you treat others. All of this without getting in to a screaming match and I didn't back down. Ahh life is so much fun.

So - almost 24 hours without sugar and I am really craving a candy bar!! There's only so much fruit one person can eat! If you have any sugar-free snacking ideas please share!! Man if this is day 1 how am I going to survive the week! Aaaaghhh!! Am I crazy to try and do this cold turkey. They need to have Sugar Rehab Centers!

No comments: