Thursday, July 24, 2008

Wii is Wee


I am lovin my Wii Fit!!! I've had it for a few weeks now but I couldn't figure out how to sync it up with the Wii console - luckily my Tech Ops / IT Support person (L) was feeling helpful and was home after work - she synced it up and we have been playing with it ever since! First you do the basic testing so it can calculate your BMI and come up with a plan. Then you move on to training. So far we have run in place, Hula Hooped, hit soccer balls off our head, slalom ski racing, and now we are walking the tightrope - which is the most difficult so far - neither L or are are very balanced people! It comes up and tells us that we are unbalanced!! I was trying the tightrope and then L wanted to give it a try but didn't switch characters - it wouldn't work for her because the Wii Fit board could tell that she wasn't me - she's a bit lighter than I am! Dang - it won't let you cheat!

Things have actually been going pretty well between us the last few weeks - so I've decided to test it of course! L and I are going to take a 3 day weekend vacation. I found a place over on Lake Chelan for a fairly decent price - can I just say OMG!! They charge an arm and a leg for peak season over there!!! Anyways - I found a place called Kelly's Resort - thanks to Kim. They have individual cottages and I can bring my dog! There is a pool, swimming area at the beach, little store, walking trails, gas barbecue at the cottage - I am so excited!!! I hope everything goes well - L seems to be excited and hasn't even asked about whether there is Internet or whined about not seeing her friends. I told her we would leave early on the Friday and I would drop her off at Slidewaters and Muppet and I will go chill in town - we can't check in until 3:00 but we might as well enjoy the day! We will definitely drive out to Manson and see what Nana and Papa's old house looks like - I miss our family vacations that we took there. Maybe this will be a new tradition for L and I - if it's a great place to stay then maybe next time Colleen, Tony, and the fam come up we will have to head out there. I am so happy right now to have something to look forward to!

This weekend Muppet and I may head to a local park on Puget Sound - depends on the weather! I did some research on parks int he area - never really knew there were so many. I printed out directions to a few - some are an hour or so away and another is just 30 min away. I will keep you posted.

De

***UPDATE** L called me at work this morning wanting to know if she can bring a friend to Chelan with us. I said No - she started bitching about not having anyone there and was I going to just sit and read all day and she will be bored. I said her choices were to either go to CHelan just her and I or she could stay home and hang with her friends. Well she didn't like that because she wants it her way. Let me know what you think!*****

1 comment:

Crawfords said...

That's a big negatory! Absolutely not. Now, I think it would be different if you knew she was planning on bringing a childhood friend, someone you've known since they were both little girls, however, I have a sneaking suspicion that her choice of "friend" would be one of her new group she's haning out with, and possibly not even of the same gender. Not to mention you'd be footing the bill for both of them I'm sure. I'd say "Not only no, but H*LL No!"