Friday, July 11, 2008

Now A Word From The Cat


Hey - Buffy here - I'm the healthy cat in the house. Not sure what's going on with the other animals but I hope it's not catching. It was weird yesterday - Mom just came running into the house - went out to that closet on the deck and grabbed the plastic cage. The plastic cage is never a good sign - it means someone is going for a ride in the car and I certainly didn't want it to be me! I was just about to go hide under the bed when Mom swooped in and grabbed Niki. Alright - it's not me! They were gone for . . . . . . . ah let's be real here - I can't tell time and days all seem the same to me so I don't know how long they were gone. I do know that when they got home Mom forgot to let Niki out of the cage! I just sat and stared at her through the wire door.

My day starts early - as soon as I hear Mom turn the water on in the bathroom I come running - I can hear that faucet from any room in the house! I jump up on the counter and push my way to the sink - Mom and I play a game - I jump up - she puts me back down - I jump up - she puts me back down. This can go on for awhile! When I get bored with that I sit on the toilet and knock things off the bathroom counter with my paw. My favorite thing right now is this hard thing Mom uses to clip her nails - it makes a loud noise!

While Mom's at work I spend my time sleeping - playing with my mice - and jumping over the gate in the kitchen so I can torment Muppet. It's funny because she can't get out and I can jump over the gate or escape by getting up on the counters and walking around. Last week I decided to take a nap so I made Muppet lie on the kitchen floor and I slept in her bed. It was kinda nice!

I need to get lots of sleep during the day so I can run around the house at night. I can run from the kitchen - down the hall - up and over mom's bed - and back out before L and her know what's happened! I am very fast. When it's time to sleep I like to curl up in the middle of Mom's bed - she certainly moves around a lot - she's knocked all of us off the bed a time or two - Muppet makes the loudest noise when she falls off - probably because she doesn't land lightly on her feet like me.

I am named after Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It fits me because I am the only surviving kitty from my family (sissy Joie died 2 years ago) - I am the chosen one of my generation! (Buffy fans will get the reference!)

Meow Meow - Buf Puf

No comments: