Saturday, July 26, 2008

Mamma Mia - Here I Go Again

I saw the movie Mamma Mia - it was so good - just as good as the live musical. They followed the storyline - it was just like watching the musical but with more scenery - the blue water - the Greek Islands - it was beautiful. The only differences were an added song towards the end at the wedding dinner and the song Take A Chance On Me was performed in a different part. Overall - Loved It!!! I could go see it again and I will definitely be buying this when it comes out on DVD. There was one downside - the group of ladies sitting behind me didn't stop talking almost the whole movie - when they weren't talking they were laughing real loud - and then singing along. I think I need to see it again without the additional background noise. When you go see this movie you need to stay through the first part of the ending credits - what happens during this part is exactly what happens at the end of the live show - it's so fun!!! Oh - if you are a true child of the 70's and a huge ABBA fan - like me - you will have noticed that one of the members of ABBA is in the movie!! Let me know if you saw him!!!

After the movies it was off to. . . . . . . . . Barnes and Noble! Bad news - I bought books, Good News - they were from the $6.98 and under table! While I was there I bought some cards too. I discovered that getting old sucks while I was there - How you may ask! Well - when I was looking at cards I knelt down to look at ones on the bottom of the rack - then I needed to get back up - the knees didn't want to do that! I had visions of the old lady on the commercials who says "I've fallen and I can't get up!" I also had a vision of me using the card rack to assist and having it topple over on to me! Luckily neither of those happened - I just gritted my teeth and forced the knees to work!

I ended up getting my way about the Chelan vacation without looking like the mean Mom! I told L she could go ahead and invite Jenny - awww that's Jenny's B-day weekend and she already has plans. Then L wanted to invite Kelley - aww Kelley already has plans. Looks like it's going to be a quiet vacation!

L is out with friends right now - I am just chillin' on the couch. Muppet and I were going to go to a park today but the weather has turned into your typical Washington summer day - cloudy - 60s - chance of rain - windy. I did stop by the Issaquah Farmer's Market before the movie and I picked up fresh blueberries, raspberries, and Rainier Cherries. I was going to bring Muppet with me for that part - good thing I didn't because dogs aren't allowed inside the market - not sure why - it's all outdoors.

De

No comments: