Saturday, July 19, 2008

Batman - The Dark Knight


Saturday started very early - I got up at 700 and then woke L up at 730 - she is soooooo not a morning person! She is so cranky and her smart mouth is even worse. I didn't let it get to me this morning though - we were going to go see Batman! The show started at 930 and I didn't know if there would be a line to get in and get seats so we left at 815 - got to the theater and no line. Oh well - if we hadn't gotten there so early there would have been a line. We got our tickets and then went to QFC to pick up a few items and then headed back to the theater. I had gotten movie candy last night at Target so all we needed to do was get popcorn and pop - breakfast of champions!! There were a lot of people having popcorn for breakfast! I discovered that Junior Caramels eaten at the same time as popcorn makes caramel corn - YUM!!! Junior Caramels are from the same people that make Junior Mints - just replace the mint with caramel. After sitting through way too many commercials and previews the movie finally started. I promised in yesterday's post that I wouldn't ruin the movie for anyone so all I will say is that it lived up to the hype - Heath Ledger was an incredible actor who left this world way too soon - if I hadn't known it was him playing the joker I would never had guessed - the change in his voice - the little ticks he gave the character - he had a great career ahead of him and will be missed. I won't be surprised if he is nominated for an Oscar next year.

L and I made it through the day without any arguments!! That was a nice experience. She never said Thank You for the movie, candy, and popcorn but she has always been like that - manners were never her strong suit. I didn't make a big deal out of it so the day ended without any incidences.

I'm going to go read my book now and enjoy the rest of my Saturday!

De

No comments: