Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sun - Friends - Salmon!

Yesterday was wonderful! The weather was great - I got to see Auntie Jan, Adam, Christina, and their families - I got t have fresh salmon at Lydia's! Definitely jam packed!

The day started with cleaning my room up a bit - it was the coolest part of the house because the fan was on all night and the sun comes up on the other side of the house. I was folding clothes standing in front of the fan when I smelled a sweet, distinctive odor. I got put my trusty quarter - which is used to unlock L's room - quickly opened the door and caught her by her window with her fan turned on exhaust and a pipe in her hand - Yup, she has now turned to smoking pot in my house. She gave me a look and I told her I can smell it coming in through my window - her reaction was just an Oh and nothing else.

I left to go meet up with the La Plant clan in Kent - Christina and family were over here from Spokane for Paige's select soccer tournament. I was able to see them, Auntie Jan, Adam, and his new son Erik - well not so new he just turned a year old but it was the first opportunity I had to see him. He has the most beautiful blonde hair and blue eyes. So cute! After the soccer game we went to the Rainforest Cafe for a late lunch. I have never been there before - kind noisy - but good food. Thank goodness for my Garmin! I didn't get lost going to the soccer fields and then to the restaurant! I then used it to get to Lydia's house from there!

Lydia and Ron went fishing yesterday on the sound out by Des Moines. I got a picture mail on my phone yesterday morning showing Lydia and the fish she caught! Amazing! 17 pounds! I texted back with a whens dinner! Most of my family knows that I am not a seafood fan - but the way Lyd and Ron barbecue salmon is really good! This was no different - excellent job - very delicious! I stayed there and watched the movie 300 on HBO after dinner and then came home. By the time I got home, walked Muppet, and settled in it was too late for me to write - my eyes were not wanting to stay open!

Today I haven't decided what I am going to do. I just got done going through my closet and dresser and pulling out the clothes I haven't worn in awhile. I have to be in the mood to discard or else I end up keeping everything. I have a good pile of stuff to give away. It's another nice day and I really could use some color so I may just go hang at the pool for a little bit and read now. I kinda need to do some grocery shopping but I won't starve if I don't do it today.

I have pics of Paige, Haley, and Erik but I can't post them right now because I can't locate my cord to connect my camera to my Mac - I think L may have borrowed it but I can't find anything in her room and she is still asleep - let sleeping dogs lie!! I got up at 430 this morning and she wasn't home but when I woke up again at 800 she was so I'm not sure when she finally rolled into the house. Hopefully I can post the pics later today.

Enjoy your Sunday!

De

No comments: