Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My Best Friend

I love my best friend Lyd! She has a sixth sense and knows when I am having one of my "I Hate My Life "days. I don't know how she does it. Today was one of those days. I was almost home when my phone rang - I knew it was her because her ring tone is "I'll Be There For You (Theme from Friends)" She had just left work and wanted to know if I could meet her at Costco and then maybe go get a bite to eat. Hmmm . . . sit at home and be depressed or go to Costco ...not a tough choice. Off to Costco to meet Lyd. I haven't been to Costco in awhile - mostly because I don't have a lot of room for stuff in the freezer/refrigerator or pantry. I did manage to find a few things though! Lyd and her husband are heading out on a camping trip this weekend so she was getting all the things she needed for that. They are heading up to Canada - she was going to get fruits and veggies but I told her she needed to check on the web because there are things that you aren't allowed to bring across the border. After Costco we headed to Red Robin - our regular standby! When we were being led back to a table it looked like we were going to the same exact table we always seem to get but they sat us somewhere else - as we were walking back there though Lyd said - Oh No and I was thinking the same thing - how could we possibly keep getting the same table!! We sat down at around 645 and didn't leave until 845 - the food was OK - the burger were really pink inside but we were both really hungry so we ate most of it and then just let our server know. The manager came by and thanked us for letting them know and said that he had adjusted the cook timer. No comp on our bill though - that would have been sweet. Lyd and I talked and talked.

It's great to have a best friend!

De

No comments: