Sunday, August 31, 2008

My Color Is Crimson

Football Season has begun! It didn't exactly start how I would have liked though - losing 39 - 13 - Dang! But let's start at the beginning!

I met Mom and Dad at the Eastgate P&R so we could all ride in one car. Traffic was great until we got to the 4th Street exit and then it was backed up - everyone heading to the game. All the cars were full of Crimson and Gray - Gotta Love It in Seattle!! We parked at the Qwest Parking Garage - Dad and I have a running thing about this because every year he complains about the cost of parking in Seattle - when we pulled in to park he asked - Now when is it that I usually complain - is it up here at the gal that's taking the money. We all laughed! We parked on Level 5 which was great because we were able to walk right on to the level where our seats were. Last year we had to walk up and up and up. The seats were at Club Level and they were in a great section - 231 - and row B! We met up with Jason - a guy from my office who used L's ticket when she decided not to go. Got to our seats and then Dad and I went to go get hot dogs and popcorn. We place our order and then the guy tells us - after we have paid - that it will be about 15 minutes for the hot dogs because they ran out!!!! Can you believe it - who runs out of hot dogs at a concession stand before the game has even started! We got our money back and just took the tub of popcorn. We got our hot dogs form a different stand after the first quarter.

The first half was just miserable - Our QB wasn't making connections - the kicker sucked - his kick-offs were short and fast so the defense never even had a chance to get down the field before the other team caught the ball and was running back and then after our first touchdown he missed the field goal!! Man, I miss the team we had a couple years ago - I hate it when the good players graduate and you have to rebuild the team. This could be a very sad season. On a good note - the traditions are still there - Every time the Cougs made a first down the whole crowd say And That's Another Cougar First Down and makes the first down move with their arm! When the defense is holding off the other team the marching band plays the Theme From Jaws and everyone moves their arms like a shark snapping. Fun Fun Fun!!

Overall - the game was a blast even though the outcome was sad. I enjoy going to the game every year - one of these years I need to actually head to Pullman and see a game there - I haven't been back on campus since I graduated - oh so many years ago!

On a side note - the Huskies lost too!

L is barbecuing us some steak right now and I need to go cook some corn on the cob. Enjoy the rest of your 3 Day Weekend!

De

1 comment:

Crawfords said...

Awesome game! Sorry about the outcome. Thanks for indoctrinating me on all the traditions at my first WSU game. I can't say first Cougar game b/c BYU are also Cougars. They won by the way, but against a cupcake called Northern Iowa. Next week is against UW though - Go Cougs!