Monday, August 18, 2008

Obsession - Depression

Well - the flu came back - or it just was never gone. I stayed home form work today. I tried to VPN (not sure what that stands for) in to my work computer but it wouldn't give me access. Hopefully I will get that worked out for the next time I am home.

Besides the flu I am also going through Twilight, Bella, Edward withdrawals. How am I to survive with no new books to read. I swear - I have never been so obsessed over a book or characters before. It's like they were real friends that have gone away and you don't know if or when they will return. I know - sounds a little crazy but I have found some message boards and I am so not the only one!! I found a song by Danity Kane - Stay With Me - that should be the soundtrack for the series. The movie comes out in November so I will just have to try and survive the next 3 months before I can get my Edward fix.

A big problem with becoming obsessed with the Twilight Series is it's a romance and Edward just doesn't exist in the real world. For all the love I have for the story - it did kinda make me a bit depressed over my lack of a love life. You know - when you're in high school, college, or in your early 20's the world is made for finding someone to have a relationship with but when you're in your 40s the world gives you nothing. There's no place that is set up for meeting people like when you were in school. I am open to any suggestions and/or ideas!!

One more gripe I have with society - when a man in his 40s is carrying around some extra pounds no one thinks twice about it - but when a woman is carrying around extra pounds society has a way of making you feel like you are less than worthy and that the only way to be accepted and to be worthy of anyone thinking of you in a romantic way is to be a size 2.

Hmmmm - feeling a little cranky right now.

De

No comments: