Tuesday, August 19, 2008

L, L, L. . . . . . . . .

Did you hear that - that thudding sound - that was the other shoe dropping!

I've been saying things were going too well - something was bound to happen - and it has. This morning L IM'd me before she left for work and said she needed to talk to me tonight - I asked "about?" - and it took awhile for her to respond - I think she was typing out what she needed to talk to me about and then changed her mind and just sent - Something that happened 2 days ago that she needed my help with and that she would talk to me tonight. Let the wild thoughts and worrying begin!!

So - what do you think it is? I'll give you a hint - it's something that we all thought might happen - and no she's not pregnant.

On Sunday L went to go pick a friend up at the QFC - she put some gas in her car and went to head home. As she was pulling out of the QFC parking lot her friend noticed that a cop was behind them - L realized that the cop was following her - as soon as she got pulled out on to Klahanie Blvd the cop turned on his lights and pulled her over. Now - what's on of the first things a cop asks for when he pulls you over . . . . . yup - your license and registration. She has the registration but no license. Strike One. The next thing he asked for was her proof of insurance. Strike Two. And the reason she was pulled over - expired tabs. Strike Three - you're out.

She's lucky that the cop wasn't in a rotten mood - he told her that he could arrest her and have her car impounded. Instead he had her call a friend - who is a licensed driver - to come drive her car home. He wasn't feeling all forgiving though as he did write her up for no license and no insurance - how much do you think that ticket is for? Well - No License $124. No Insurance $550. Being able to say I told you so - Priceless!

Here's her plan - 1. Mom pays for the ticket. 2. When she gets paid on Sept 5 she will sign her whole check over to me. 3. This Saturday I take her to do the written exam. 4. She get the driving test scheduled ASAP. She is not driving her car until all issues have been taken care of. For right now she has been scared straight - we'll see how long that lasts.

De

2 comments:

Colleen said...

That was a priceless story!

Anonymous said...

Soooooo priceless. Call me....
lyd