Tuesday, August 5, 2008

It's Official

It's official - my Chelan trip is going to be nice and quiet and just me and my dog! L's new friend Phil is having a party on Friday and she would much rather go to that than hang out with her Mom in the woods with no friends and no Internet - darn! I plan on doing some reading - walking - reminiscing about the family vacations - and getting rejuvenated! I will go out to Manson to see the old house and see if the town has changed much. The only bad part about going on my own is the long drive there and back with no one to talk to but the dog. Oh well, I will just put some play lists together on my iPod - nothing can compare to the Summer Lovin' tour though!!!! I could always get a book on CD and just listen to a book on my way there - we'll wait and see.

Month end is actually going pretty well for me this time around - knock on wood. I am ahead of my deadlines so when I leave on Thursday there shouldn't be any issues left on my desk.

L is still in a nasty mood - even though she got paid today - was able to make her rent - get gas - and buy cigarettes. I think we went just about a month without any drama though and if a nasty mood is the only drama right now we're doing pretty good. It will be nice to get away from her for a bit though.

De

3 comments:

Crawfords said...

Wow, she made rent, huh? Good for her. Is that both July and Aug. rent, and what about the cell phone bills? If she's all caught up, perhaps she is starting to grasp this concept called reality and responsibility. Well, w/ some newfound cash in hand, I think a nice book on CD would be a great companion to Chelan

Lindsay said...

make sure you get a sno-cone, an italian soda and pizza at that pizza place :-D

Colleen said...

and a BUCKET OF FRIES!