Friday, August 15, 2008

Book Break!

I am taking a break from my book - I know shocking!! I started the final book today and I am now about 2/3 of the way through it. I figured it was a good place to stop - everything seems to be going to a happy ending but there is still quite a few pages to go and I don't think I can handle the emotions!! I am excited to finish this book though - I will be able to discuss it with Putbory on Monday - That's the thing with books like this - you want to be able to talk to someone about all the little details!

I haven't done any updates on L for awhile. Things seem to be just going along right now - I'm not wanting to rock the boat. She is still just working 6 hours a day - has not taken the written part of her driving test - has not made any attempt to get herself registered for school. I brought the subject up once at the beginning of the week and she tried to play it off that it was my fault somehow. She said she couldn't take the compass test on the weekend - I told her to get out of bed then and go during the week - she made some smart ass comment about me not wanting to share in this with her - that she thought it was an import thing I would want to be a part of. I told her that 1 - she had never asked me to go with her so she couldn't blame me for the fact that it hasn't gotten done. 2 - I registered myself on my first day of college, she shouldn't need me there to hold her hand. 3 - If she put this off any longer she was going to be too late to register for fall semester and you could only start new programs in the fall so she would have to wait a whole year. Oh - she also came back with - I should have been asking her about it and not waiting until it was almost too late. Hmmm . . . . I seem tot remember having this conversation with her before and her telling me that when I brought it up it just stressed her out and for me to not talk about it. She will do and say anything to twist things around so she doesn't have to take responsibility for anything. I am thinking it is time to give her another deadline. Maybe I will give it to her in a note this time!!

She came home from work this evening - walked in bitching about how hot it was - changed her clothes and left. I have no idea where she went or when she will be home. I guess I will leave her a note letting her know that Muppet and I are going up to LaConner tomorrow where it will be cooler so we aren't sweating in this condo. It is currently 82* inside the condo - I'm dyin!

I am heading to bed - have a great weekend.

De

No comments: