Sunday, August 3, 2008

Mariner's Lose Again

Well - my luck with Mariner's games has not changed - they lost last night. I had a good time though with Lyd. We had our garlic fries - and a cheeseburger that wasn't very good. The seats were pretty good - 3rd level, 2nd row, along the between 3rd and home. We got to our seats just as the grounds crew started doing one of their dances! Yay! We watched some of the game - mostly just sat, talked, and caught up on what's been going on. We left at the bottom of the 9th inning - the score was 3 to 1 and we could tell by the way the Mariner's were playing that they weren't going to have a rally and beat them in the 9th. Lyd came up to the house when she dropped me off and we sat and talked for about another hour.

L wasn't home when we got there - I thought I was going to come home to a group of kids in my house because all day L was very interested in whether i was going to the game, when I was going to be leaving for the game, and did I know when I was going to be home. Call me paranoid - but that usually means she is trying to see how much time she has to cause trouble. She didn't come home until about 1030 this morning - said she was at someones place on Mercer Island - some guy she had met the night before at a party in Kirkland. Today she went and picked up Tommy - her ex from last summer - the one who got her into all kinds of drugs - which I found out included Cocaine. She brought him back to the house - he seemed OK and they hung out here and just talked. She just left to take him home.

I went to the Farmer's Market yesterday - got there too late to get any Rainier Cherries - they went fast and there weren't very vendors that had them - the sweet corn went really fast too. I was able to get some raspberries and blueberries. I also got some peaches - I am thinking about making a pie or tarts - depends on how much filling I can get out of the peaches I got. I was going to try and make it today but I was too lazy!

While I was at the Market I ran in to Merilyn - I hadn't seen her since she came to pick up L for the family reunion trip. She said that L was pretty well behaved the whole week - that's good to hear. She of course brought up whether L had gotten insurance or a drivers license yet - no - she wanted to make sure that I knew if L go in an accident they might come after me - I assured her that they couldn't because L is an adult and my name is not attached to her car at all. My Mom keeps bringing it up too. OK - I understand that she needs to get these - do people really think I haven't talked to L about it - I Can't Make Her Do Anything!! She is an adult - the car is in her name and her name only - the consequences will be hers to deal with if anything happens.

BB10 is on - I already know who wins HOH but it's fun to watch.

De

1 comment:

Crawfords said...

Should've hit the game on Sunday. Dave Niehaus Day, free bobbleheads, and the M's won one for a change. My parents were up for the weekend so we hit Pacific Science Center on Sat. and the game on Sun. It was fun. Garlic fries are the best, huh? Love 'em.