Friday, August 1, 2008

Blue Angels and other things. . . . . .

The weeks is finally over - did anyone else think it lasted just a little too long! I spent my bus rides this week watching Season 2 of Dexter on my iPod - if you have never seen this show I highly recommend it - I love it so much that I am tempted to order Showtime just so I can get Season 3 sooner and not have to wait a whole nother year to see it. I finished watching last night so I started on a new book this morning on the bus. I am not one who usually reads non-fiction books but I heard about one based on an incident that happened here during WWII - the book is called On American Soil and it takes place at Fort Lawton in Seattle - which is now Discovery Park in Seattle. I just started it but so far I really like it - I have to keep reminding myself that the people I am reading about are real people and the things that happened to them are real too. Some of it is very sad.

At work yesterday and today I got to see Blue Angels flying around! They were doing their practice runs for the Seafair shows this weekend. It was hard to catch them though because by the time you hear the sound over the building they are already gone and you're not sure which direction they went. Yesterday I was lucky enough to see 4 of them in a diamond formation over Puget Sound - absolutely incredible.

I got 2 free tickets for the Mariner's game tomorrow - Lyd got home early from her camping trip so she is going to go with me. Colleen and her family were at the game yesterday down in Texas and it was the first time they've been at a game where the Mariner's won in about 3 years!! I have just as bad of luck so maybe my streak will end tomorrow too and I will get to see them win. I mostly go for the food! Kidd Valley Burgers and Garlic Fries!! Yummy!!! It is a night game so I may head to the Issaquah Farmer's Market in the morning- I am hoping that the Rainier Cherry season isn't over - the ones I got last week were so sweet - big - and good! I put them out at work for others to eat - I was eating too many and I didn't want to make myself sick. Usually when I make myself sick on some kind of food I can't eat it again for awhile and I love Rainier Cherries - didn't want to ruin that.



De

No comments: