Thursday, August 7, 2008

Are Comcast and Enterprise Run By The Same People

Well, after last nights non-comcastic evening I was thrilled to find the phone and Internet working when I got home. Not sure I wanted to listen to L bitch and moan about not having her life lines!

This morning I dropped my car off at the shop - really squeaky brakes, oil change, and the power outlet wasn't working. I had called ahead and reserved a rental car so I could get in to work. Should have been very straightforward - no issues - get to work by 830 no problem. Yeah right!

I drop the car off with not problem - had to wait 15 min for the Enterprise Rental car person to come over. We filled out the paperwork and then had to drive across the street to get the car. Now - let me preface the next part with the fact that when I made the reservation I was very clear that I wanted a small car - nothing big. You know where this is going! We get to the lot - go in to get the keys - and yup - a Ford 250 truck - HUGE!!! No way am I going to drive this sucker in to Seattle and try to get it in to a parking spot. The gal then asks if I just want to use it to go to the park and ride - yeah right, spend $50 to park it in a lot 1/2 a mile away from where i was - No Thank You. She drove me over to the new Issaquah Transit Center to catch a bus. I got there at 815 - the bus had just left. I then looked at the schedule and the next bus wasn't going to be there until 845 and that was the last bus leaving to go to Seattle in the morning. I waited and caught that bus - oh yeah, it was a Sound Transit bus so it cost .25 more than the Metro I usually take - so I needed an additional quarter to add to my bus pass - nope, no quarters in mu pockets or my purse so for a 2.50 ride I paid 3.25. As the bus was pulling in to Seattle off of I90 my phone went off - it was the shop - my brakes were fine and didn't need to be replaced - the power outlet just needed a new fuse - it was ready and I could come get it any time. You've got to be kidding! I could have just sat at the shop and waited for it and probably still gotten to work at the same time I already did. All I can say is - Thank God I have tomorrow off - I need a vacation!

De

No comments: