Thursday, August 28, 2008

Countdown To 3-Day Weekend!

OK - so today went pretty well. We had a Quarterly Luncheon at work today - just the Finance Department - we went to a place on 5th Ave called Rock Bottom. They pre-ordered appetizers and they were set-up buffet style when we got there. Ribs - Chicken Strips - Taquitos - Potato Skins - Chips and a Cheesy Dip. Then it was time to order lunch. I had Salmon Fish and Chips - it was OK - really "fishy" tasting and rather greasy. The appetizers were the best part - there was so much leftover that we brought it back to work. I was planning on bringing Potato Skins home for dinner - but smart me left them sitting on my desk. That's gonna be nice tomorrow morning!!

Tonight L and I went on a trip to Target - I needed to get a new belt. We actually made it through the whole trip and back home without having one argument!! It was a productive trip - cuz you know me - I don't go in to Target and just get was on my list!! I went through the clearance racks and found a pair of jeans and a shirt that were 50% off! I found a shirt for L too that was on clearance and then I got her a pair of jeans. She was very appreciative and thanked me at least 3 times for them - and she thanked me for dinner too. OK - pick yourselves up off the floor!! I think it's the same L in my house - I'm sure the "real" L will show up eventually but it's nice to have a break from her.

I am baking muffins right now - a little late but I'm not tired. L's friend Megan is over right now - she drives me a little nuts. She's more hyper and even louder than L - hard to believe but true. These 2 - I never know how it's going to be - they either hate each other or are best friends. I guess were in a friends stage.

The first batch of muffins came out - Fresh Blueberry made from scratch! I tried one - pretty darn good if I do say so myself! Just one more small batch - had to use up all the batter - is in the oven and then I am heading to bed.

Tomorrow is Friday followed by a 3-Day weekend. Whatever your plans are - stay safe and have fun.

De

Updates - 37 days until Vegas!!!

No comments: