Sunday, June 8, 2008

Weekend Stuff

Good Morning! Yesterday was a typical Saturday - I got up around 800 - had breakfast - read the paper - watched Top 20 Countdown on VH1. Muppet made it through the night without incident and the same again last night. She seems to be on the mend - she's not quite all better even though she thinks she is. She ate yesterday and went outside but then she crashed! You could tell when she suddenly realized maybe she wasn't feeling as well as she thought she was. SO she came over to Mom and curled up in my arms and crashed - snoring up a storm. When L got up that's how she found us - on the couch me watching TV and Muppet snoring.

L went and hung out with friends all day yesterday - not sure when she got home but when I woke up this morning i could hear her in her room. She is enjoying her car - she bought a car from her friend Chelsie on Wednesday - a 1991 Toyota Camry. It's in fairly good condition - should get her around and to Renton VoTech in the fall. Oh No - she doesn't have her license yet. No - she hasn't gotten insurance. Nope - no new job to help pay for nay of that stuff. I mentioned all of this to her before she got the car and she told me - "I know. You don't need to keep reminding me. All it does is stress me out." So - no more reminding and I just keep telling myself that she is 18 now and if she gets pulled over and doesn't have a license or proof of insurance it will be her problem to work out. Can't remember if I posted how she was able to afford the car - Her and I were in a car accident when she was 3 and in the settlement she was awarded $1000 which I put in an investment account for her. Once she turned 18 it became hers - $1976 - and she used it to get the car and has some left over. Not for long though as I am sure it is going to be spent on gas and fast food.

Ooh - I think I just saw the sun outside - I may have to run errands and stuff before it disappears! Need to head to the Half-Price Bookstore and sell the things that no one bought at my garage sale last weekend. Then I may try to go see the movie Sex And The City. A very exciting Sunday! I am going to go have breakfast now - take a shower - and head on out.

De

No comments: