Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Computer Update

Heard from my insurance company! They will be covering the loss of my computer less my deductible. Of course they have some red tape you need to go through. They are sending me a check for my computer less my deductible and less what they figured was the depreciation in value of my computer. Once I buy a new computer I need to fax them the receipt and then they will send me a check for the depreciation amount they held out. Bottom line - I can replace my computer. This time around I am going to password protect it so if anyone steals it again they won't have access to any of my information , back up everything on a more regular basis, and not leave it out in the living area on the couch - maybe I will need to hide it somewhere in my room. I have an external hard drive but I can't remember when the last time was that I backed up the computer. Once I get the new one I will be able to see what is on there. I am hoping most if not all of my pictures are backed up.

I have two countdowns going on right now.
  1. 10 days until L heads out of town for a family reunion on her Dads side - which is why I'm not going - I am taking the Fri and following Mon off though. Am I doing this to go out and have fun or go somewhere myself - nope - I am doing it so I can get my hands on her room and get it cleaned out!! I should rent a dumpster to put below her window to make it easier to get rid of all the trash that is in there. I used to do this when she would go to summer camp. I won't throw out anything but trash - everything else I am going to either put in her dresser or box/bag up for her to go through when she gets back. I just can't handle the mess anymore. I am so excited!! Weird huh?!?!
  2. 109 days til Vegas Baby!!! I can hardly wait.
Tomorrow is our company night at the Mariners. We get into Safeco field early for a catered dinner and beverages. We get to be in the area out behind center field. Last year we were there during batting practice and you wouldn't believe how many baseballs get hit out to there. The way my lucks been going I'm probably going to get hit by one! We get this are to ourselves for about 2 hours and then they open it up to everyone - we get to stake out good spots and we will get tables. Last year I only stayed for a couple innings - the place I have to catch my bus at is kinda scary so I wanted to catch the bus before it got dark.
I am heading out to home. I finished my book on the way in on the bus today so I need to stop at Border's on my way to the bus stop so I have something to read on the way home. I know - a little neurotic - but I have to have something to read. Don't go anywhere without a book.
De

No comments: