Thursday, June 12, 2008

Survival

Just about 2 days out from having been the victim of a crime- wow that sounds weird - and I am surviving. The shock has worn off a bit and I made the first step today to try and get my life back on track. I called my insurance company and started the process of filing a claim. An adjuster should be calling within 2 days - so not sure if I will have a new computer this weekend or not. I still feels weird to go home and not have the computer there to work on - yup - I am just a little addicted to the Internet! I am now in a forced rehab of sorts!

So you would think things couldn't get worse or at least nothing more could happen - oh you so do not know how my life has been going. I swear someone put a curse on me! Any one know a good witch doctor who can clear out the bad karma and bring in the good?! Last night I was woken up by L coughing up a storm in her room. She has had this nagging cough off and on for awhile now - it sounded so much worse at 230 this morning. I finally convinced her she needed to go to some sort of Doctor this morning because once she started coughing she couldn't get in a good breath and the coughing was lasting for 5 - 10 minutes. She listened to me for once - she does not like to go to the Doctors at all. She got her butt down to Overlake Urgent Care this morning and got herself checked out. She definitely has bronchitis - sounds as bad as I did last year when I got bronchitis. She has to use an inhaler to try and break the crud up and she will be on prednisone and a cough medicine to try and help her get through the night. The Doctor told her she shouldn't go to work because she shouldn't be around kids. When she called work they got mad at her for not coming in - said they were depending on her and all that stuff. I don't know about you - but if I were a parent I certainly wouldn't want her hanging around my kids. I would think that the daycare would be getting lots of parent complaints if they walked in and heard L talking and coughing all over their kids.

So let's look back - many problems with L - Muppet getting seriously ill - Niki getting really sick - my laptop was stolen - L gets sick - things not balancing at work - running in to things which has caused bruises to grow on my legs. Not to mention the general issues everyone is facing - gas at 4.29/gal - grocery prices going up - summer TV! I put that last one in there to try and add some humor!

It is said that God doesn't give you anymore than you can handle. I'm saying enough is enough. I think I've handled all I can. Please pass it on!!

De

No comments: