Friday, June 27, 2008

Vacation - Day 1

I am sooooooo relaxed!!! I knew I was a bit stressed over the last couple of months - But I never realized how much until today! I woke up and decided to take Muppet on a nice walk before it got too warm outside. She was all excited until she realized it wasn't just a quick out and back walk! At first she just wanted to keep stopping to sniff everything - then she just wanted to stop - she is a very stubborn dog - at one point she started to squat like she was going to pee and then just laid down! The walk back to the house was more of a drag than a walk. I ended up carrying her up the stairs to the house.

Next it was time to start working on cleaning the house! I started with the living room and the kitchen. The kitchen was pretty much done because by Tuesday I couldn't wait for L to clean up her dishes anymore so I did them. Let me tell you - it was the most disgusting thing I have ever had to do. I'm not sure how long these dishes had been in her room - I started with the glasses and then went to move on to the plates which were sitting on top of a baking dish L uses to make mashed potatoes - I moved the plates and . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . there was the most disgusting mold in this dish and a huge family of fruit flies!! They were huge, plump, juicy, and think they were making more flies because even though I quickly cleaned it up - took everything out to the garbage - and squished as many as I could catch there seems to be some small ones flying around now. I am so not looking forward to cleaning up her room - it scares me to think of what I might find in there.

I have taken some before pictures which I will post along with the after pictures once I get everything cleaned up.

Right now I am kicking back on the deck with a beer and enjoying the calm and quiet. Man I love vacations!!

De

No comments: