Thursday, June 26, 2008

I'm Free - At Least For 10 Days!

Did you hear that? That long, heavy, sigh of relief - yup that was me! L just left with her Bama (that's what she calls her grandmother and her grandpa is Bepa) and I now have the house to myself for a whole 10 days!!!!!

It was a great feat just to get her to leave - she's not one for having her regular schedule messed with unless it is her idea and her plan. The flight leaves really early tomorrow morning so she needed to spend the night at Bama and Bepa's. Well that just cuts into her time with friends and being able to say good-bye to them - now mind you - she has known she was getting picked up at this time so she certainly could have said all her good-byes last night. Then she finds out that the flight is long and there is an hour layover in Cleveland - she is just not a good traveler and has no patience for getting somewhere - she wants to be there now!!

Her attitude towards Bama when she got here was horrible - she was so rude, disrespectful - pretty much she was acting like a bitch - and a spoiled one at that. Bama and Bepa bought the ticket to fly her to the family reunion in North Carolina - they used their miles and upgraded the tickets to first class - she gets to spend a week with her Dad and her cousins on the Householder side of the family. I basically told her to suck it up - in the long run this is such a small part out of her life.

So - she's being all bitchy and stuff - not moving real quick to get out of the house - Bama grabs her carry on and starts taking it out to the car. L slowly walks to the door with her suitcase - which seems to be busting at the seams - not exactly sure what she packed but I hope she remembered shorts, underwear, a toothbrush, etc.. and didn't pack any illegal contraband. Anyways - she is out the door grumbling - the suitcase is between us - then she gets all snotty with me because I hadn't hugged her. OK - you tell me - would you have tried to get close to this person let alone wrap your arms around them! I was afraid she would bite my head off! So I hugged her - told her to try and have fun - and I closed the door.

There - did you hear that again! Yup - another big sigh of relief! I'm gonna go enjoy the quietness that is my house!

De

No comments: