Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Robbed!

As you may have noticed I did not post to my blog last night - that is because someone came in to my house during the day and stole my Laptop. Yup - that's right. That's all they took so they knew exactly what they were coming in for. I am thinking it was someone who has been in the house before. There was only a small window of time for them to have been able to do this - I left for work at 630 - I did not lock the door because L had left during the night and I did not know if she had a key with her - she got home at 745 in the morning - so it had to be someone that a. Knew the door might be unlocked b. Knew that L wasn't home c. Knew that there was a Mac Book laptop in the place. L says she knows where her friends were except for one who has a bad habit of just knocking and walking in to our house. She has done it before when L wasn't home and she's done it a lot when we were both home. L thinks she may have come over - noticed that none of us were around and then just walked off with my computer. WE did give the cops the name of this person as someone we suspect may have done it. Other than that the cops aren't going to do much - They have the serial number from the computer and said if anyone pawns it they will be able to find it.

I am just sick to my stomach and can't fathom someone doing this. I feel so violated and it creeps me out to know someone was in my house touching my stuff.

So - I may not be able to post as often as I have been. Not sure when I can get a new computer - need to call the insurance guy today - so I will post from work whenever I get a chance.

De

1 comment:

Crawfords said...

OUCH! That really sucks. Is L at all concerned that the chances are good that one of her "friends" is the culprit and what that says about the type of people she hangs out with?