Thursday, May 29, 2008

What a Day

Is it Monday today? Is it Friday the 13th? Did I walk under a ladder? Oh - Niki our black cat must have crossed my path - that explains a lot!!

L's cat Niki is sick again so I needed to take her to the vet today - and after last night I didn't get a whole lot of sleep. So when the alarm went off at 5 this morning I got right up and got ready for work. I headed in early and got there by 645. I figured I could get a lot done before everyone else got in and could then leave by 3 - get Niki an afternoon appointment. So everything was going well - I got my check run started by 7 and answered some emails. BJ came in at 8 and by 830 we headed to Starbucks on our daily trek - there's 3 - 4 of us that go. We got back to work and I started to finish up my check run - oh did I mention that I always get a Venti/non-fat/light whip/2 pump/extra hot hot chocolate - you may be wondering why I needed to mention this - well you need t know this because if what happened next. As I was moving the stack of invoices I had pulled for the check run the stack "bumped" my venti cup - then as if in slow motion it tipped over - the lid popped off - a puddle of chocolate spread on my desk and into my lap! Owwww - Extra Hot!! Had only had a couple sips out of the Venti size cup!! The puddle then spread to the pile of invoices on my desk. This just wasn't going to be my day! I was soaked - my papers were sticky. I cleaned up my desk - finished getting the check run to the point where the checks just needed to be printed - tried to dry my pants off with my little desk fan - yeah ~ didn't work too well. Needless to say I came home early and worked from home.

Now for Niki - She had a 300 vet appointment. When the vet walked into the room I just kinda laughed and said - I'm not having very good luck with my animals lately - I think I might be cursed. He asked how Muppet was and then started checking on Niki. The inside of Niki's mouth was so swollen - irritated - red - and oogey. She was not happy to have her mouth opened up either. I won't go into all the big words and everything else that went on. Long story short - they drew blood to test for some basic diseases - the vet then came back to the room and showed me the vial of blood and said he was concerned with how dark it was and wanted permission to have some diagnostic tests run - OK - then they gave Niki a shot of cortisone - filled a prescription for antibiotics and gave me a mouthwash to use on her - I asked if I was going to have to try and get her to spit it out!! LOL!! - Nope! So I packed up Niki - went out to the front desk to settle the bill. You know what - I should just have my paychecks sent directly to the vets for the next few weeks. Niki just cost me $250! And with what Muppet cost me last week - man it's expensive to make animals part of your family.

Well ~ I am having my garage sale tomorrow and Saturday ~ come on by and help me make some money for the vets!!!

De

1 comment:

Crawfords said...

You know, there is a quick and easy solution to getting great discounts on vet bills. In fact, I have never once paid a single penny to any vet. It's as easy as dropping off your animals at your local animal adoption center. Remember it's not only your vet bill you'd be saving on. Imagine no more pet food, no more special cleaning supplies to clean up after the messy little buggers, and no more toys. It can all be yours in just one afternoon. You should see if they'll take L off your hands too!