Friday, May 16, 2008

It's Just a Plant

I was going to write about the geese I saw this morning because nothing real exciting or dramatic had happened and then I came home. Earlier in the day L had been really bitchy on the phone with me and was trying to pick a fight with me. After I got off the bus tonight I went to the grocery store and decided that maybe we just needed to have an attitude adjustment so I picked up some steaks and a $20 table top barbecue. I texted her to see if she had plans for tonight - idk why? - I asked if she wanted to have a barbecue - just us? - yes if that was OK with her. She then called me on her way home from work and seemed to be very suspicious about my intentions. I told her I just wanted to try and have a "bitch" free weekend. When she got home she was still very suspicious and then said that she had gotten IMs from Jenny and Blake to see if she wanted to do something tonight. She then asked how much food I had gotten. I told her I had enough if she wanted Jenny and Blake to come over. Boy was that a big mistake!!!!!!

They got here - Jenny with another boy in tow - and they all went out on the back deck and started smoking - now it is very warm here today and the only way to keep the living area cool is to have a fan in the back door blowing in air from the deck - but because they were smoking the door was closed. Then they all came in - disappeared outside for a bit and then when they came back Blake wasn't with them. I asked where he was and L said he was picking up something - I have been around her and her friends long enough to know this is code for meeting up with the dealer and getting some weed. I said you're not smoking it here - she said we'll just do it on the deck - I said no that the rule is no drugs in or around the house -s he then decided to get all semantic on me and said it wasn't "in" the house. I kept saying No and she kept saying it would be safer than if they were driving while doing it. I said no again and then I asked her where does she do it usually - she asked "During the day when I'm with Blake?" - uh yeah - she said they do it here on the deck!!!!!!!!! During the day before she heads off to work!!!!! I so did not want to know this. Oh - she also kept trying to use the reasoning -"It's not a drug it's a plant" I said - I only have 2 major rules in the house - No Boys Sleeping Over and No Drugs In The House. If she doesn't want to follow those rules then she needs to look for somewhere else to live. This resulted in her using a few choice words and slamming the sliding glass door.

Needless to say the nice barbecue I had planned didn't go well at all. They all headed "out" around 845 and then just got home at 10. Gee - think they found somewhere else to smoke!

I am now in my room - with a fan in the window blowing in "fresh" air to cool off. I am going to go to sleep and see what tomorrow brings.

My head is telling me that she doesn't want to follow any rules and my heart is telling me that she is my daughter and I should just stick it out. It is times like this I wish there was another actual adult int he house to back me up on whatever decision I need to make.

De

1 comment:

Crawfords said...

The girl's intent on ruining her life. Not a pleasant thing to do, but ultimately I think you're going to get to the point where you're going to have to start calling the cops to get her arrested. My mother-in-law has done it to her son and my Aunt and Uncle have done it to their son. At some point you just have to realize you've done all you can, now you have to make her see that she's not breaking YOUR rules anymore, she's breaking the LAW. Don't know if it'd do anything constructive for her, but sometimes a night in jail can scare people straight. Make it a Friday night in jail so she has to sit there all weekend before she can be bailed out. Might do her some good.