Saturday, May 24, 2008

Memorial Weekend

I am trying to remember what we used to do when I was growing up for Memorial Weekend. I know that 4th of July we were in the San Juans, end of July we were in Kelowna, and Labor Day was the sand dunes. Maybe we didn't have have a recurring vacation for this weekend. If anyone in my family is reading this - please leave a comment and remind me what we used to do.

When I was with L's Dad we used to go camping for this weekend. We didn't go to any of those places where you had to make reservations for a camp site - oh no - we would just pack up the car, set out, and hope we found a place. I remember the first year we headed out - we got to North Bend and remembered that we didn't have an dishes for cooking and no hangers or sticks for cooking things over the fire! Yeah - not well prepared! One year we discovered a new place to go - I think it was called Teanaway Creek - no set camping spots - we just pitched our tent in the middle of some grass. There was a creek running next to the site - which was nice and cold so we kept our beer in there!! We had fun. I only remember bringing L on a camping trip once. She wasn't very old - we had a "bag-a-bed" to put in the tent for her to sleep in but she was having none of that. She cried and cried - wouldn't settle down - so Alan got up, put L in her car seat and went driving into town - L fell right to sleep. She always did that - falling asleep in the car.

Have a great Memorial Weekend! Be Safe!

De

No comments: