Monday, May 12, 2008

Birthday Dinner

Well, I took L out to a birthday dinner at Red Robin tonight. It was interesting to say the least. Back in the day when we would go out to eat we would spend the time waiting for our food playing hangman. Now the time is spent with me looking around and people watching while L text messages with her friends and logs into her MySpace on her phone. I don't think we said more than a few words to each other before our food came. Then came the fun part - L decided that she wanted to tell me all about her weekend in Seattle - I so did not need to hear all the gory details. But she felt the need to tell me that she was drunk/wasted the whole weekend and that she threw up 4 times - she seemed to be very proud of that fact and the fact that the last time she got sick it was in her sleep - under the freeway. Oh she so knows how to make a Mother proud!

De

No comments: