Friday, May 23, 2008

Highlights - Lowlights? You be the judge!

I'm tired tonight so I am going to just do the highlights - or lowlights - depending on how you look at it!

Work - got to work at 715 this morning - everyone else gets there between 830 and 900. Told we would probably get to leave early today for the holiday weekend. At 200 I asked if I could leave an hour early (I don't take lunch) - told that I had to send out the checks first (I should point out that I just got the checks back signed so it's not like they had been sitting on my desk all day) I said - then that means I will have put in an 8 hour day while everyone else gets to leave early - I was told maybe I shouldn't have come in early then. Got the checks out - everyone else was getting ready to leave - I quickly grabbed my stuff to leave and someone made a comment about - Wow you're not even waiting for Matt to leave before you head out. I responded with - I got here at 715 so I am only leaving 15 minutes early. There is an issue - either real or just perception by me - of people thinking I am always leaving early because I get to work 1 1/2 to 2 hours before they do and don't take a lunch break. Yeah - feeling a little crabby - or should I say bitchy today. Man I sure need this long weekend.

Gas Prices - OMG!! I drove by the Shell Station on the corner of Front Street and Gilman at 330 and the price was 4.03 per gallon - when I drove back by at 400 the price was now 4.05! How does that happen?!?! They weren't getting a delivery of new gas - it was the same fuel in their tanks that they had earlier. My guess - They quickly upped the price so they could gouge all the people that were heading out of town for the long weekend. I am going to try to make this a gas free weekend. Other than running to the grocery store I will be walking around.

Something to add to my small things that make you smile list. The smile of a baby! While I was at the pharmacy to get Muppet's new meds there was a Mom there with her 6 month old baby girl. I looked over and she was looking at me so I smiled and gave a little wave and she smiled really big back at me. Made my day!

L's friend Blake - As I was driving down Klahanie Blvd to get home I got stopped behind some other cars - looked up ahead and there were police and sheriff cars waving people around - there was a car accident - the one car had a really smashed up front end - as I drove by I glanced this really blonde headed boy sitting on the curb - Yup - it was Blake. Seems he took his eyes off the road and didn't see that the car in front of him had stopped and he plowed right in to them. L says the people in that car were taken away in an ambulance. Very Scary. Teenage drivers.

ADD Moment of the Day - came home with every intention of getting started on some chores so that it doesn't take up my whole long weekend - Yeah - started channel flipping and I have now been watching an NCIS Marathon on the USA Network for 3.5 hours! Hmmm - maybe not an ADD Moment as much as a Couch Potato Moment. Oh Well! I still have 3 days to get everything done!

Back to NCIS!

De

No comments: