Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Recapture A Part Of Childhood

A couple weekends ago L and I were going through our baby books. In mine I found an envelope dated 1967 and inside wrapped in tissue paper was hair from my first haircut! It was about 3 - 4 inches long and really pretty - it was lighter than I thought it would be - my hair has always been a medium mousy brown. Today I had my hair appointment with Bonnie. When I walked in she asked what we were going to do - I told her it might be a little weird - I pulled out the envelope with my hair in it and said I wanted to see if we could make my hair the color it was when I was little! She pulled out some books and we matched the hair up and she said she could certainly try! When all was said and done - she did it! My hair is now the color it was when I was 3! I know - a little weird - but I Like It!!

I got home - L was in the living room on her computer - I said Hey - no response. I put my bags down in my room - went and let Muppet out of the kitchen ( that's right - L makes Muppet stay locked up in the kitchen when she gets home so she won't have to watch her) - picked her up and went to the couch - I asked L if she wasn't talking to me - I just got a look - I asked her what was wrong - she said she was stressed - I asked her what happened - L says "I turned 18 and I'm stressed out!" If she was expecting a sympathetic word from me or for me to go - oh don't be stressed we can work things out - she was sadly mistaken. It's not like I just told her the expectations of being 18 and staying in the house - I have been telling her this since High School Graduation last year. Hmmmm - think things are starting to sink in.

Finale of ANTM - stop reading here if you haven't watched the episode!

My girl Whitney made it in to the final 2! They just did the final runway show and the judges are deliberating. I so want Whitney to win. Paulina seems to have something against Whitney and she has nothing nice to say about her. She is definitely biased towards Anya. Here comes the announcement - America's Next Top Model is. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Whitney!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!

No comments: