Saturday, May 17, 2008

I'm Melting

I try not to be a weather wimp - I like to see the sunshine and the clear blue sky - especially after the dark dreary winter/spring we have had. But - come one - going from 65 to 89 without an in between transition from the 70's! Please - what native Washingtonian loves that - it is way too hot! It is 11 pm here - the fans have been going all day - and it is still 85 inside my condo!! Unbelievably warm. It's days like this that remind me why I wouldn't survive living in Texas.

So - I escaped to the air-conditioned theater and saw Iron Man! That was a really good movie! I can see why it has been the number 1 movie - Robert Downey Jr is great - oh and if you go to see the movie you need to stay all the way through the credits to see a brief clip.

I left the movie and walked outside - OMG! It was so stuffy and hot out there - I needed to find another air-conditioned store real quick. Lucky for me there is a Barnes and Noble right next door! I could spend a whole day just wandering around in there looking at books. I can never leave a Barnes and Noble empty handed. I kept picking up books - telling myself that I would go through them at the end and put some back - Yeah Right!! I walked out of there with 5 - count em - 5 books. I am definitely addicted! Not a bad vice to have though - at least it's not illegal to have too many books or to read in public or on your back deck! ( see prev post!)

Muppet and I went to Neil and Merilyn's for dinner tonight - L was nowhere to be found so it was just me and the dog - It is cooler up on Tiger Mountain so it was nice to sit out on their deck - have a beer - talk. We had barbecue burgers for dinner and Merilyn even cooked one up especially for Muppet - Nah she's not spoiled!

I am now at home - have not heard from L since I left for the movies at noon today and she's not home. Well - she's 18 so I won't worry about her - I'll just enjoy the peace and quiet - go to my room - and hope the fans cool this house down. I believe it is supposed to be cooler tomorrow.

De

No comments: