Thursday, October 2, 2008

Quarter 3

I got home after 800 last night and was just too dang tired to write. Yes - Quarter End has started again - I know - seems like we just had this. These are just coming around too fast - Christmas is less than 3 months away!

If you are a regular reader you know I have issues with the gal that reports to me - she's young, has no work ethic, and pretty much just doesn't give a damn. Well - last night at 530 she came to my desk to say she was going to go home - Day 1 of Quarter End - she never stays late and is always behind on her work. I told her that we have discussed this before and not staying late during close is not acceptable - she said that mornings are better for her and working weekends - I said - well, if mornings are better for you then you need to be coming in earlier than 800. I told her it was her decision but she knew where I stood. She stayed another 1/2 hour and then came back to my desk - crying of course - and said isn't working weekends the same as staying late because that would work better for her - I told her it depends on when the weekend falls during the close process and seeing as she needed to get her entries done by Friday working this coming weekend on close processes wasn't going to work. She was not a happy camper and just turned and left for the day. To my surprise - when I got in this morning at 700 she was at her desk working! Amazing! Of course, when I walked in - if looks could kill! She has this way of not turning her head to look at you just moving her eyes so she's giving you this sideways evil eye look.

Now - if you think I was being too hard on her let me tell you - Tuesday when I left work I noticed piles of checks and back-up at her desk - not matched up just piled together. I had talked to her back in August about the August checks not being filed so I figured these must be the checks she cut in September - they were both months - all piled up, not stapled together, in no order to assist finding anything. Now we are at a Quarter End trying to get everything entered by Friday ans she is 2 months behind on her filing and October checks being cut at the beginning of next week.

OK - enough venting! I have Quarter End work to do!

De

No comments: