Wednesday, October 22, 2008

How Did I Get Here

It is 830 on Wednesday night and how am I spending my evening - waiting for the locksmith to come and change the locks on the front door.

This morning I discovered some To Do lists created by L. First one was things she needed to do on her lunch break - straighten hair, get clothes ready for Seattle, smoke some weed and pack it for Seattle. A sure sign you're doing too many drugs is when you have to write a note to remind yourself to do drugs. Second list was things to do to get ready for Seattle - again with the hair and make-up and then Jack Money - which was underlined - and a note at the bottom that read If taking money doesn't work then ask for some. After seeing this note I went and checked my wallet - gee I was short $40 - I wonder where it went. It was then that I realized that when she was hanging around the house last night before she headed out to Seattle she was just waiting for an opportunity to "jack" my money. That opportunity came up when I took Muppet outside to go to the bathroom. She left the house shortly after I went outside - walking quickly to her car and calling out I Love You Mom!

Tonight I told her that she definitely needed to be out by next Friday and I wasn't changing my mind - I let her know I knew about the money she stole and that she was still doing drugs in the house. She said nothing - she then went back to her room - went in to my bathroom to get toilet paper - and then she left to head to Seattle. As she was leaving she wanted to know if we could talk calmly tomorrow night. After she left I got a weird feeling - went to check on my purse that I had put in my bedroom - yup - she had stolen $80!!!

I sent her a text letting her know that she was out of the house as of now - which is why I am waiting for the locksmith to show up and re-key my front door.

Either she will just stay in Seattle tonight or else she is going to show up early morning trying to get in the house. I will keep you posted.

De

**New Lock Installed - I'm going to bed**

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have more excitement in your life in a couple days than I do in a month. Of course, it's not the type of excitement that you want. D you're doing the right thing. Don't blame yourself for L's mess. L has made her own bed. Hopefully, one of these days, she'll start making better decisions in life. The problem is she's young and think she knows it all...we've all been there before...we don't realize how stupid we were until later in life.

Crawfords said...

Yeah!!!! Good for you. Now it's just a matter of sticking to it. Did you box up her stuff and put it out on the porch?