Monday, October 13, 2008

Other Shoe Dropping in 3...2...1...

Well Readers - we all knew this was coming - it had been quiet for way too long - too many weeks had gone by without any disagreements. Tonight after L had gotten home - we talked briefly - she went in to her room to get ready to head to Seattle with Kelley - she came back out to show me what she planned on wearing - went back in to her room. I was sitting on the couch - watching last weeks recorded Heroes so I could be caught up before tonight's show started - when the oh so tell tell odor started wafting down the hall - I went down the hall and it got suddenly stronger outside the locked bedroom door - L only locks her door when she is doing something she knows she shouldn't be doing - I banged on the door and said - L you are not to be doing drugs in the house. I reached in to my pocket for my trusty bus pass - used it to unlock her door - quickly opened the door. There she sat on her bed trying to look oh so nonchalant and trying to tell me that she hadn't been smoking weed. She thinks I am so naive - I know what the nasty stuff smells like. I told her that she needed to just leave now to go to Kelley's.

I am now going to go write a note to leave on her door - she has paid October Rent so she can stay until the end of the month - then she needs to leave. I have put up with a lot of crap from her this past year - the last house rule standing is the one about No Drugs In The House - I am not willing to budge on this one.

The next few weeks are going to be rather interesting - I am expecting tears - yelling - dealing - promises. You will all get a front row seat!

De

2 comments:

Crawfords said...

Good for you. This is one fight you can't afford to back down on. I don't know the legalities of it all, but have you ever thought about simply calling the cops on her? If she's doing drugs in your house and you don't want her to, don't yell at her, just call the cops. My friends parents called the cops on him when he started smoking dope in their house. Now granted, all that did was make him smoke elsewhere, but you've had enough already, haven't you? Your already kicking her out, so you know she's going to be doing it elsewhere now anyway. At least this way it's not in your house, and you can't in any way be held accountable for letting it happen. My mother-in-law calls the cops on her son, my aunt and uncle have called the cops on their son. Man, for a good little Mormon boy I sure know a lot of people doing drugs and getting busted for it, huh? At any rate, you might consider it. Let her see the true consequences of her actions. She could lose her job, her house, her car, everything. Perhaps better to hit rock bottom when she's young and has time to rebuild?

Anonymous said...

I agree...you're doing the right thing. Let her cry and yell, but don't give in. It's time for L to grow up. Hopefully she can straighten out her life before something bad happens to her.