Thursday, October 30, 2008

180

L came by tonight to get some more stuff - bathroom things and items she could wear for Halloween tomorrow - she is going as a kid from the 80's! She found most of the stuff she was looking for - I provided her with the flashdance sweatshirt and a pair of lace gloves with the fingers cut off - don't even ask why I still have those things! We talked and were nice to each other while she was here. The only time when there was a possibility for an argument was around 800 when I asked her if she was just about ready to go - she turned around with that look and that tone and asked if I was rushing her to get out - I said No - I was just getting tired and wanted to head to bed soon. She smiled and said no problem she was just about done. See - possibility for an argument but it was nicely defused!

I helped her carry stuff down to her car - we hugged good-bye - I told her to have a fun Halloween and a good weekend - we both said I Love You. I started walking back towards the condo and she said - Hey Mom - I think you were right about us not living together anymore - we are definitely nicer to each other. I guess 18 years of being together all the time is enough. WOW - either she is playing me again or else the light is starting to turn on. I am betting on the latter. It was a really nice evening with her. Who would have thought that in a week her attitude would start changing, I thought for sure it would take longer. I like the validation.

De

No comments: