Thursday, October 9, 2008

People - Vegas

I thought about how I would write about my vacation in my blog - there are so many things - too many to write in just one posting. I am going to break it down in to categories!

Tonight's Topic - The People I Met and Watched In Vegas

When I got to the airport and my gate on Sunday there all these guys just laying around in chairs and on the floor - they were all in the same sweats and shirts so I figured they were a sports team. The shirts said DSC Football - they were on my flight down to Vegas and I sat next to two of them so I found out that DSC stands for Dixie State College and they were up here playing Central Washington University - DSC is located in St George UT where Colleen and Lindsay ran their marathon - it's a small world. The football players were very nice - one helped me get my carry on up in to the overhead and another got it down for me when we reached Vegas.

Sunday night we went to dinner with the group Colleen and Lindsay ran with - they are the only two girls in a group of 9. It was a great group and very diverse - they all had running in common. One thing I learned at dinner - when talking about a runners time you never ever round up!!! Lindsay's time was 3:20:03, she placed 6th in her age group, and is Boston Qualified. Colleen's time was 3:24:56, she placed 9th in her age group, and is Boston Qualified - I learned my lesson about rounding from her because I said her time was basically a 3:25!!! No No No - you never round up! Colleen is now getting ready for the NYC Marathon on Nov 2. This from a person who said after her first marathon that she was never going to do that again! Look for her and Lindsay in the crowd at the Today show on Nov 3rd!



People of Vegas - there are guys on the sidewalk that try to hand you cards as you walk by - they are advertising girls who are just waiting for you and will come to your room. These guys have a very interesting way of snapping the cards to draw your attention. A few years ago when I went to Vegas for the first time it seemed that most of the visitors were from around the US - this time there were more form other countries - I heard so many different languages and accents - Chinese, Japanese, Australian, Italian, Spanish, and I think Russian. Vegas seems to be quite the destination.

Tomorrows Topic - Hotels!!

De

**Note - next time I go to Vegas it needs to be after the Musielak girls have run a marathon because they walk slower so I can keep up with them - the first time they walked me to death and this time it was so much easier!!***

1 comment:

Crawfords said...

Yeah for Dixie State College. Them be Mormom boys helping you out and being all friendly like! They're campus is beautiful. When Angie coached softball at Utah Valley State College (now Utah Valley University), they played Dixie State. I got to help drive the team down there one year for the games. We had so much fun. Dixie's a great little school.