Sunday, March 30, 2008

Breakfast For 1

Muppet had a "hair" appt this morning so it was an early start for a Sunday. She decided to get up even earlier though by having a seizure at 7 this morning. I debated whether or not to still take her to the groomers but her hair had gotten so long that I couldn't wait another week to get it cut. She was very clingy when we got there - it was like dropping a 3 year old off at day care - I felt like such a bad Mom! But she does look so cute now! I love it when she gets groomed because she looks like a puppy. Don't you think she's adorable!

While Muppet was at the groomer's I did something I haven't ever done - I went out to breakfast by myself. This may not sound like a very big deal but it is very hard to just go and sit in a restaurant by yourself. I almost didn't do it but I really wanted to just sit somewhere and have breakfast - I haven't gone out for breakfast in a long time and I had to convince myself not to let something like being alone stop me from doing something I wanted. I drove up and down Gilman
Blvd and then finally turned in to the Denny's parking lot. I got out and strode right in and said 1 please. I sat down - placed my order and pulled out a book. I kept glancing around to see if people were staring at the lonely girl at the table but everyone seemed to be involved in their own conversations. See - no one else noticed me so there was nothing to have stressed out about. It was a very good breakfast! When I looked at my ticket to pay my bill it showed - Your Server Today Was Jesus - OK I know you pronounce it "heysoos" but I still think it was a sign.

This next week starts quarter end at my job so I may not be able to post as much as I usually do. It can get pretty hectic and most of my items are due at the beginning - long hours and stress city!

De


No comments: