Thursday, March 27, 2008

Chili Feed!

Tomorrow at work we are having a chili feed. I volunteered to bring in a pot so that is what I have been doing tonight - cooking up a big batch of chili. I don't follow a written recipe so it turns out a little different each time I make it. I stick with the same basic ingredients: green and red peppers, onion, garlic, ground beef, black beans, pinto beans, chili beans, kidney beans, tomatoes, chili powder, and cumin. For some reason, this time it is a little soupier than usual. It is also a little more spicy. Now I am not a huge fan of spicy - so what is spicy to me is probably pretty mild to someone else. It is now in the crock pot and in the refrigerator. I will be driving to work tomorrow - would be pretty funny to get on the bus with a big crock pot of chili!

Hey C ~ want me to save you some!! I know how much you love beans and chili!!

While I was cooking I got to watch my beloved Cougars lose in the Sweet Sixteen NCAA round. I knew they would probably lose to UNC - which is why I didn't have them moving on in my bracket - but it would have been nice if it had at least been a close game. I wore my WSU sweatshirt to work today and when I was walking to meet my bus to head home someone in their car leaned out the window and yelled Go Cougs! Pretty funny seeing as I work in downtown Huskyville!

Update from yesterday - I have put a baby gate up in front of the bathroom where the cat box is! There is enough of a space so that the cats can get in and out but if little Miss Muppet tries to get in she will make noise knocking down the gate. So far so good tonight - no face full of kitty litter coming to kiss my face! Yuck!

Well - I am going to head to bed - I am tired from cooking - tired from watching basketball - and tomorrow is Friday!!

De

No comments: