Saturday, March 22, 2008

ABBA!!!

Mamma Mia - Here I go again - My My - How Can I Resist Ya!!!  OMG!!  That was the best Musical I have ever seen!  I loved going in to see a show for the first time and yet knowing the words to almost every song!  The cast was incredible - the seats were good - and I had a great time.  They did a wonderful job writing a storyline that fit with the music - flowed well from Act 1 to Act 2 - and was just a fun fun evening.  Who would have thought that my favorite band in the 70s would be a hit again in the new millennium!  

The whole evening was fun.  Lyd and I had dinner at Mexico in Pacific Place.  Can you guess what kind of food they served? That's right - Mexican.  I had some enchiladas and a strawberry daiquiri.  Both were pretty good.  The musical was at the Paramount Theater which was within walking distance of where we ate.  The crowd was quite the mix of people.  I was surprised at how many "young" kids were there.  We found our seats - which were up in the balcony center.  Good view except for the girl sitting in front of me couldn't find a comfortable position so I had to keep moving from side to side in order to see the whole stage.  If you live in the Seattle area or if you ever come to visit you really should go see the Paramount Theater.  It is an older theater and the inside is very ornate with a very high ceiling which creates great acoustics.  I have seen comedy acts, musicals, and concerts in this theater and have had a great experience each time.

After the show Lyd and I made our regular stop on a girls night out - - - Cheesecake Factory for a slice of Keylime Cheesecake.  This is manna from heaven!  It is so good - we get a slice of keylime every time we go there.  This time though - we each got 2 slices!!!  Yup - one for tonight and one for tomorrow.  She will be trying Tiramisu Cheesecake and I will be having Chocolate Mousse.  Just what I needed!!  I may have to walk a few extra steps tomorrow with Muppet to work it all off.

Now I am home - winding down a bit so I can get some sleep.  Next thing - go out to iTunes and see if I can get the soundtrack to Mamma Mia.  Then I can listen to it and be a Dancing Queen in the living room because that's The Name of The Game.  Knowing Me Knowing You - you have figured out that I am using titles to ABBA songs!  Honey, Honey that's it for now but Take A Chance On Me tomorrow and I'll see what I can come up with to write about.  S.O.S. time for me to go to bed!

Good Night ~
De

No comments: