Friday, March 7, 2008

Climbing Back Up

Wow - when I look back over this week it has been a wild ride - I can't believe that all of that was jammed in to one week! Today has been a level day - no big ups and no big downs - just a smooth day. L did call me from work and told me her nose was bleeding again so I made her an appointment with the doc for this afternoon - left work early to get her there. She is fine - doc said her nose was extremely irritated and she could see where she had been bleeding from. Prognosis is good - she just needs to moisturize with Vaseline and a q-tip! She told the doc that she was done with that stuff and doc told her that if she needed help working through it to call her and come in and talk. Very supportive and no lectures which I think is the way to go with L right now.

Tonight she has been talking on the phone with one of her "A" friends - Kelly - whom she had not been talking to since she got back in to the drugs. She has been keeping her bedroom door open and not worrying about me hearing what she is talking about - Major Improvement!!! I heard her say that it is such a relief to be able to talk openly about things and not have to whisper the word drugs in her room because she is done with that stuff so she's not worried about what I might say.

My Mom - Nana - called tonight - and after the conversation L said that Nana had asked about her stuffy nose and that there was no need to go into it with her because it is all worked out. She said - No reason to tell all to the grandparents because we were working it out. So - L is not aware that I am writing about all that has been going on in this blog - family / friends - please do not let her know that you know what has been going on. Give her the opportunity to bring it up with you - I believe she will once she has more confidence in herself that she is going to be able to kick the habit this time around.

Positive Step - She has been researching Adams College that has a very good Photography program and has applied on line for it. Downside - it is in Colorado so it would be out of state tuition. Cross that bridge when we get to it.

Positive step 2 - When you are on E your jaw clenches so you need to suck on a pacifier so you don't break your teeth. L just threw out her pacifiers!!! :)

A Small Step - she thanked me for getting her McDonald's for lunch after her doc appointment. I haven't heard Thank You from her in a very long time.

De

No comments: