Friday, March 21, 2008

What Brings Back Memories For You

Just sitting at my desk waiting for Lyd to get here for girls night out. I am so looking forward to seeing Mamma Mia! I will definitely blog tonight and let you know all about it. I will probably break out my ABBA CDs when I get home. Drive L crazy with all the 70s music.



I remember when ABBA was very popular in the 70s. I was in Junior High and my friend Leslea and I would make up dance routines to the album and then put on a show for her parents. We had a blast.



Have you ever noticed that songs can bring back very vivid memories. I have been listening to a lot of 70s music lately and some of the songs can bring me back to Junior High dances. I can picture who I was dancing with - very weird. I can also remember the heartbreak when sad songs come on and sometimes I even remember which boy I was crying about.



Songs aren't the only thing that brings up memories for me. Smells and sounds do it too. Last night when I took Muppet outside it was raining and the sound of the raindrops landing on the hood of my jacket sounded just like rain hitting the blue tarp my Dad always put up at our camp sights when we were camping. I closed my eyes and I felt like I could almost smell the campfire and taste the s'mores.



When I drive to work and park my car on the outside garage level I can hear the seagulls and if I hear them at the same time I smell breakfast cooking from one of the restraunts the memories of Camp Sealth on Vashon Island come falling back into my head! I can remember singing songs outside the dining hall and waiting to get in and eat breakfast.



Speaking of Seagulls - here are some pictures of the ones that like to hang around the building I work in. Last year they had a nest with some babies. I am hoping we get babies again so I can take pictures of them.



Well - enough random memories and thoughts for now. I need to go freshen my face!!

Have a great Friday Night!

De

No comments: