Sunday, November 16, 2008

Where Oh Where Has My Little Dog Gone

And we thought my life and Blog might get boring now that L is not living with me anymore. Enter. . . . . . . . . . . . Muppet!!

Yesterday when we were getting ready to head up to Mom and Dad's house Muppet decided to make a little excitement. I was loading things into the cart and clearing out some of the garbage that had accumulated. Muppet went down to the other end of the Condo building to relieve herself. I was keeping an eye on her - put a few things in the garbage bag - look up to make sure was still on the grass. I looked away for a split second - looked back up and she was gone. I ran down to where she had been and there was no sign of her - I could see some wet paw prints where I had last seen her but they didn't lead anywhere. I started calling for her and looking around. L drove up at that time and I told her I had lost Muppet - we both started looking. We walked all over the complex calling for her - I went up and down stair to other units because she gets confused and goes up the wrong stairs sometimes. I walked along the sidewalks in front of the complex and asked other dog walkers if they had seen her. Two of my neighbors - even the mean old grouchy one downstairs - helped to look around for her. We searched for 45 min to an hour and could not find her. L and I were standing by my car and I was crying - thinking someone may have taken her - worried that she was lost and would have a seizure because she didn't have her meds. All of a sudden we heard one small quick bark - definitely belonged to Muppet. We both took off looking around for her again. I went down by the dumpster and went up the stairs to the units by there. There she was - sitting at the top of the stairs not moving just sitting like she was waiting for me to find her!! I was so relieved and hugged her and then told her to never do that again because she had scared the crap out of me. Sometimes that dog can be so stupid and irritating - she had been there the whole time - didn't make any noise when I was calling for her and didn't come running. It was like a game of hide - n - seek that I didn't know I was playing!

Lesson - Muppet doesn't get to be outside without a leash anymore!

De

This is Muppet - I am not the stupid one - Mom is! I did what Mom's always tell there children - if you get lost just stay where you are and wait for Mom to come and find you. It's not my fault that I was at the top of the one set of stairs she didn't come up looking for me! I just sat up there and watched her walk all over the place calling my name - I stayed put just like she said! I was very happy when she finally found me though! I was getting a little nervous and I couldn't stop shaking once she was holding me. I don't like getting lost. Why do all the sets of stairs have to look the same!! If ours were somehow different I wouldn't keep going the wrong way!
I am glad to be home though!

Muppet!

No comments: