Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Being A Part of History

History has been made - Barack Obama has been elected as our next President. Yay!! The Washington Governor's race didn't go as well for me. I find it unbelievable that the results weren't even close - that Christine Gregoire won a second term even though during the last 4 years she put our state in to debt by 3.2 Billion Dollars!! I think if she were the CFO of a private company she would probably have lost her job by now. Sometimes I just can't believe the voters in this state - then again these are the same people that voted in 3 more levies that will raise taxes and the same ones that keep re-electing Greg Nickles as the Mayor of Seattle. Man - I think I need to move!

I am still having issues with the time change. I was up and out of the house by 600 this morning and at work with the computer on by 630. I got so much done in the first two hours this morning with no one else in the office - it was quiet and actually relaxing. I was off work by 300 - it was actually still light out! I got home and took Niki to her vet appointment - her mouth sores are back - so she got another cortisone shot. Dr Hougham is going to talk to an Animal Dentist and see what our options are. She doesn't need to be put to sleep - we just need to find a way for her to be comfortable. I swear - this is the house of misfit pets - kinda like that island of misfit toys in Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer - maybe Santa will bring Niki a new mouth - Muppet a new brain - Buffy a new ...actually Buffy doesn't need a new anything she needs some of her energy to be removed. Dear Santa . . . . . . . . .

L called me this morning during her morning break at work. She just wanted to chat. We talked about how she's been - work - she said maybe we could get together this weekend and she would give me a call. It made me smile!

I was going to bake tonight but my energy high from earlier in the day has gone away. I am getting sleepy and may just head to bed soon. OMG - up early - early to bed -I think I've become my Mom!!!

De

No comments: