Sunday, November 9, 2008

News At 11 EST

The 500 News was preempted due to a much needed nap! My body is working furiously to fight off the first cold/flu of the season - it may be losing the battle. Here are the tops news stories from this weekend:
  1. L called me at 800 yesterday morning - yes I said 8! From the gal that was usually just heading to bed at that time on weekend. Luckily I had already been up for a few hours so she didn't wake me with the call and I was able to think. She had some questions about how much I paid each month for cable, Internet, and power. I had to look up my bills on line for the cable and Internet because I am billed for them plus my home phone on one bill each month and I didn't know what the break down was. When she asked me about the power I said - well, if you leave the lights and TV on all the time and bump the heat every time you get a chill it will run you about 80+ a month! She responded with - OK so 80+ on the high end - I won't be leaving everything on. Hmmm......once it becomes your own money you understand why the parents were constantly turning off the lights behind you and telling you to go put on a sweater. Yes Dad - I finally understand!
  2. WSU Football - Dads Weekend - Arizona in Pullman. I was so excited! No - we didn't win - but we only lost by 31 points!!! Our opponents may have scored 59 points but we scored 28 points! So we weren't shut out and we ended our streak of losing by 50+ points! Apple Cup in 2 weeks! Aren't you getting excited!
  3. Last night I went to Lyd's house for dinner and then we went to a jewelry party at Bonnie's. The jewelry was really nice but a little bit too pricey for me. I did take one of the catalogues home though - not to purchase items later - but to look at the designs because I think I can make cheaper knock-offs for people for Christmas! Now that I have an extra room I am going to get out all of my beads - take stock of everything I have - and get back to designing.
  4. I met L for lunch today. we met at Target first - I needed to pick up a few things. we then went to Ross - I told L if she could find a cheap pair of black pants I would get them for her for work. She found a pair for $10 - can't get any cheaper than that. We then headed to Red Robin for lunch. It was a nice day - no arguments - she was very polite and actually pretty nice to spend the day with. I got a hug in Target and then when she left I got an I Love You! She is going to come with me this coming Saturday to have an early Thanksgiving Dinner with Nana and Papa.
Those are the top news stories of the day - now to De for the weather! Rain - Rain - and More Rain - with a little bit of Rain!

This is De with the De and L 1100 (EST) News - Good night!

No comments: