Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I'm Just Tired

Well - L came by last night to pick up some mail. She got another letter from Mikey - the friend that is incarcerated. This letter informed her that by the time she got it he will have been transfer ed to Walla Walla which is where he will reside for the rest of his sentence - 7+ more years. Let me just say Yay - she won't be visiting him any time soon! She hung out for about 30 min - she didn't have anywhere to go.

She called me this morning crying - tears of frustration. She was low on gas - needed to fill her tank - had to ask for money - was told no. I don't know all that is going on or what agreements were made in order for her to stay with her grandparents so I told her I wasn't going to get involved. She said she is 18 and doesn't need to be babysat in order to manage her money. I told her that it seemed like she did because she got another overdraft notice in the mail yesterday. This one was for the check she had sent in for the ticket she got last month. She put $124 in her account - wrote the city of Seattle a check - then proceeded to spend the money in her account before the check cleared. She tried to make it the City of Seattle's fault because it took them so long to cash the check. I asked her if she checked her account to make sure everything cleared before she spent money - she didn't seem to get it that she needed to deduct the check amount from her balance until it cleared. So now - not only does she still owe for the ticket - she has overdraft fees to cover - she is almost on empty in her car - she doesn't get paid until next Friday 12/5 - and she hasn't been working full 40 hour weeks due to staffing at work so her paycheck is going to be smaller. I asked her about that part yesterday to see if she was planning on looking for an additional job and/or a new job and the answer was a blank stare and a no. The conversation ended with me telling her that it seemed like she needed to be babysat - she said I don't want to hear things like that - I told her that maybe she needed to talk to someone else then because I wasn't going to be very sympathetic. Not sure how much of that last line she heard because she hung up on me.

I am scheduled to go to her Grandparents house for Thanksgiving - not sure how that is going to go. I advised L that she needed to get her grandparents and her Dad on the phone with her at the same time so they can make sure they all understand what has been agreed to and what the repercussions are for not following the agreement.

This on top of having one of those - I Hate My Life Days - has not made for a good nor productive Tuesday. I drove in today and just want to head home - crawl under the blankets - and sleep the rest of the day.

De

No comments: