Wednesday, November 26, 2008

OMG! Grocery Stores!

Going to the grocery store the day before Thanksgiving is just plain crazy!! I wasn't even planning on going but on my drive home from work today I realized I needed evaporated milk for the Pumpkin Tarts. I though - no big deal - it's only 430 - I just need to run in and grab 1 thing - I should be in and out in no time. The parking lot should have been my first sign that it was not going to go that easily. There was absolutely no parking - I went up and down a few aisles before I finally came across a car backing out. I grabbed the spot - grabbed a cart - headed in to the store. It was crowded and shoppers seemed to be off in their own little worlds. I circled around to the back of the store and made my way to the baking aisle. I wheeled my cart around other people and made my way to the evaporated milk. I grabbed the 2 cans that I needed and started down to the end of the aisle. I only got so far and then I couldn't escape - why you may ask - because of this oblivious lady who had her cart parked right smack in the middle of the aisle right at the very end. There was no way to go around her on either side of her and it wasn't like she was going to just grab something and then get going - she was looking at candles - picking on e up - sniffing it - checking the price - picking up another one - repeat!!!! She was completely ignorant of the fact that she had a back up of people trying to get out of the aisle and then another line of people trying to get in. A lady who was beside me decided she wasn't going to wait and just moved her cart between the ladies cart and the shelves - moving the other cart out of the way. The candle lady was not very happy about that - but for cryin out loud - the day before Thanksgiving in a grocery store you can't just park your cart in the middle. Once I got out of that aisle I decided there were a couple more things I could pick up as long as I was there - by the time I got out of the store I was fit to be tied!! Too many people!!

I headed toward home and stopped to get the mail - no problems there - but when I drove away from the mail boxes I came across a driver who just either wasn't paying attention or felt they should just have the right of way no matter what they were doing. The car was coming towards me and turned in front of me to pull in to a parking spot - the driver must not have liked how they pulled in to the spot because they decided to throw the car in reverse and pull right back out just as I was driving past - they never even stopped - I had to slam on my brakes just in time to avoid getting backed in to. I was like - What The Hell!! Can you not see my car - I have my lights on - you had to have seen me when you turned right in front of me!! I quickly parked my car - grabbed my groceries and headed in. Safely in my own home - away form the crazy people!!

Work was crazy today and so was my visit to the vets but I will leave those for another day. I'm heading to get into my comfortable clothes and sit back for the rest of the evening. I will get up in the morning to do my baking.

Happy Thanksgiving!

De

No comments: